Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Maine Department of Education

In these podcasts, I learned that technology plays a major role in learning mathematics. Many students are already experienced in technology. Using technology in mathematics will easily allow them to reflect. Many students just memorize formulas that they will forget soon. Students should be able to think mathematically. There are many tools for hands-on experiences and visual models. The traditional sequential lesson to lesson teaching has become boring to our students. We should ask questions that will make the students think. This helps them learn and remember. This will also help them in the future.
Podcasts like this can help me keep my students engaged in the lesson. It will give me alternative ways to to teach my class while catering to all of the students' learning styles. It gives me ways to connect with what the students are interested in, such as technology. Judy Chandler also names some resources that would be helpful.

No comments: