Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Listening to Podcasts

After listening to these podcasts, I've realized that everyone is not meant to do podcasts. Some of the podcasts were not well prepared, and it is obvious. There was a lot of joking and laughing going on. The jokes were really corny and not funny. You have to keep your audience's attention if you want them to keep tuning in.
Another thing that I noticed was the use of "um" and "uh". This is not entertaining. I think that some of these people are unorganized, and they ramble a lot. In some of the podcasts, the subject wasn't very clear.
I think that you should prepare for a podcast presentation in the same way you would prepare for a public speaking event. Even though your face is not seen, you can tell if someone is nervous or trying not to make any mistakes. You have to be relaxed.
I think that the subjects of the podcast were good, and some of the information was useful. Some of the presenters sounded too comfortable, and they turned the podcast into a silly talk show. Listening to these podcasts helped me realized what I did not want to sound like.

No comments: