Wednesday, December 3, 2008

AliceChristie.org

I really enjoyed browsing this website. The digital photography page really stood out to me. I have a digital camera, and I enjoy taking pictures. I hadn't really experimented with a digital camera until recently. I think it's a great idea to use digital cameras in the classroom setting, especially in the elementary classroom. It's great to be able to go back and look at what you did years ago. Memories last forever.
Taking pictures of field trips and class activities is a really good idea. After returning to the classroom, I could have a class discussion to reflect on what we learned on the trip or during the activity. This would be a great way to review, and the students wouldn't even know they were reviewing. Creating videos and powerpoint presentations from digital pictures is a great idea. Taking pictures of students engaging in new experiences or experiments will help the students realize where they were before and where they are now. It lets them know that they are learning. Letting the students experiment with the digital camera themselves is also a great idea. It would be a learning experience for them.

No comments: