Wednesday, December 3, 2008

ACCESS Lab

I visited the ACCESS Lab at Clarke County High School in Grove Hill, AL. This is where I attended high school so I was very familiar with my surroundings. Like many of the ACCESS Labs in Mobile County, it was not fully operational. The lab had a SMART Board, many computers, and video cameras. I was informed that CCHS was funded with $50,000 for their ACCESS Lab. I was also told that another school in that same county got $85,000. I wondered why the two schools got different amounts but I didn't ask why. I was told that the lab would be used for advanced placement courses. The school has advanced placement courses, but they are not as advanced as other schools have. They would also use the lab for remediation courses. Many of the students use remediation for the Alabama High School Graduation Exam, and this would be anouther resource for them to use. I think this is going to be a great asset to the school when it is fully operational.

No comments: